This year the regional program theme is: Amplifying Voices: Mental Health in Historically Male Dominated Industries. We are planning to feature stories from women in the workplace – ranging from women working in construction, manufacturing, economic development and local military. Our intent for this program is to create a space where we can speak about both the challenges and joys that come from being a women in the workforce. We are planning to kick off and wrap up the session with quick mindfulness/yoga element to help participants gain some mental health tools for them to use daily at work. If this program sounds like something you would like to participate in we would love to have you join us!
What: Women Impact Virginia Regional Program - Amplifying Voices: Mental Health in Historically Male Dominated Industries
When: Wednesday, August 16th from 9am - 11am
Where: Virginia Tech Newport News Center - 700 Tech Center Parkway Suite 305, Newport News, VA 23606
Who: This event will be free and open to the public. Space is limited as such, pre-registration will be required to ensure we have enough seating.
- 9-9:15am Networking & Opening
- 9:15-9:30am Mindfulness/Yoga Anyssa Reddix, Owner of NysNotes
- 9:30 – 10:30am Panel Discussion
- Military – Alexis Johnson, Lt Col, USAF, PMP, Commander, 633d Civil Engineer Squadron at Joint Base Langley-Eustis
- Manufacturing – Jaclyn Lautz, Ph.D., COO at ivWatch
- Construction – Lauren Simone, Corporate Manager of Lean Construction Services at W.M. Jordan Company
- Economic Development – Toi Hunter, VP Business Retention & Expansion at Hampton Roads Alliance
- 10:30-10:45am Mindfulness/Yoga
- 10:45-11am Closing & Networking
We ask that you RSVP via the Google Form linked here if you plan to attend before midnight on Sunday, August 13th. We hope to see you at the Women Impact Virginia regional program and/or the Summit soon!